Published or Revised January 25, 2010
If one of Paris Junior College’s libraries does not have the material you’re seeking, it can often be borrowed from another library. Books not owned by Paris Junior College are subject to the lending library’s circulation policy.
- To request a book you must fill out a form (Download The Book Loan Form PDF) with author, title, date of publication and ISBN number and submit to the circulation desk. It will take at least seven to 10 days to receive the book.
- Many out-of-state libraries that are not members of TexShare may charge a fee.
- Periodicals are available in the TexShare databases, and most are full text. If full text is not available, periodical articles can be requested by filling out a form at the circulation desk. You will need the author, title of article, periodical, page number(s), date, volume number and issue number. (Download The Magazine Form PDF.) You will receive copies of the articles. There may be a copy charge and/or usage fee assessed by the owning institution.
Materials from the three campuses can be requested by currently enrolled students, faculty and/or staff.
- Periodical articles not found in full text in the TexShare databases and owned by the Paris campus can be copied and faxed to the Greenville Center and Sulphur Springs Center libraries. Copies from microfilm are 25 cents per page.
- There is a form to be filled out for periodical article requests that will include, author, title of article, periodical, date and page numbers.
- Materials that are checked-out to other patrons can be held after they are returned. To make this request select hold in the catalog or contact the circulation desk.
Paris Junior College is a member of TexShare which is comprised of universities, colleges and public libraries in the state of Texas.
- TexShare shares online catalogs and the cost of subscribing to periodical databases, e-books and search services.
- A TexShare library card can be obtained from your institution that will be recognized by the members of TexShare. The patron is subject to that institution’s circulation policy.
- Texshare cards that are current are honored at all campuses.