Published or Revised January 24, 2012
An open door community college meeting the educational and cultural needs of all students and citizens of the area.
Paris Junior College is a dynamic, comprehensive community college advancing the education of students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of our diverse community.
The purpose of each public community college shall be to provide:
1. Technical programs up to two years in length leading to associate degrees or certificates;
2. Vocational programs leading directly to employment in semi-skilled and skilled occupations;
3. Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences;
4. Continuing adult education programs for occupational or cultural upgrading;
5. Compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy allowing the enrollment of disadvantaged students;
6. A continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals;
7. Work force development programs designed to meet local and statewide needs;
8. Adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults;
9. Such other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or local governing boards in the best interest of post-secondary education in Texas.