PJC Offers Continuing Education in December
Published or Revised December 01, 2013
Paris Junior College’s Continuing Education Department is offering several classes in December. Unless otherwise stated, the classes are in the Bobby R. Walters Workforce Training Center. Call the PJC Continuing Education Department at 903-782-0447 for further information on the new classes.
- The Kids Hurt Too Seminar will be offered from 6-9 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 3. This seminar is designed to help parents understand the needs of their children throughout the process of divorce.
- The Initial Basic Life Support teaches lifesaving skills for respiratory and cardiac emergencies and meets from 5:30-9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 10-11. The American Heart Association certifies the class.
- Basic Life Support Recertification for CPR certified cardholders is offered from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13. The American Heart Association certifies the class.
- The Heartsaver First Aid CPR & AED (automated external defibrillator) class targets day care workers, church nursery staff and parents wanting to adopt. The course teaches basic first aid and CPR/AED procedures, including first aid skills recommended by the Occupational Safety and Health Agency, to those with a duty to respond to a first aid or cardiac emergency. It will meet from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7.
- Welcome to the World of Computers will meet from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. each Monday and Wednesday, Dec. 2-11. This class is designed for the person that has very limited, if any, computer training.
- A Microsoft Excel Intermediate class will meet from 6-8 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays, Dec. 2-11. Training covers advanced techniques to analyze data, enhance charts and automate worksheet tasks.
- Microsoft Word Intermediate will be held from 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Dec. 3-12. Students will learn advanced formatting techniques to enhance documents.
- Windows Essentials teaches how to create, copy and delete files using the Windows operating system, entering and editing data and customizing Windows to fit the user’s needs. The class meets from 6-8 p.m. each Tuesday and Thursday, Dec. 3-12.
- The Defensive Driving Course will meet from 6-9 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 9-10.
Paris Junior College – Greenville Center
A basic life support class will be offered at the Paris Junior College – Greenville Center in December. The class will be held at 6500 Monty Stratton Parkway.
The Initial Basic Life Support course teaches lifesaving skills for respiratory and cardiac emergencies and meets 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6. The American Heart Association certifies the class.
To register, or to get more information, call 903-454-9333.
Paris Junior College – Sulphur Springs Center
The Continuing Education department at Paris Junior College – Sulphur Springs Center will not offer any classes in the month of December.