Programs of Study
Degree Type: Certificate
Semester Credit Hours: 48
First Semester - 12 SCH
COSC 1301 - Introduction to Computing
ITCC 1314 - CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks
ITSC 1305 - Introduction to PC Operating Systems
ITSY 1300 - Fundamentals of Information Security
Second Semester - 12 SCH
ITCC 1344 - CCNA 2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials
ITSY 1342 - Information Technology Security
ITNW 1354 - Implementing and Supporting Servers
ITNW 2305 - Network Administration
Third Semester - 12 SCH
ITSY 2330 - Intrusion Detection
ITSY 2300 - Operating System Security
ITSY 2301 - Firewalls and Network Security
ITSC 1325 - Personal Computer Hardware
Fourth Semester - 12 SCH
ITSY 2343 - Computer System Forensics
ITSY 2342 - Incident Response & Handling
ITSY 2345 - Network Defense and Countermeasures
GAME 1301 - Computer Ethics
- Interacting with Computers
- Gathering Information
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Evaluating Information
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Identifying underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Implement security measures
- Collaborate with others to resolve issues
- Ability to conduct risk and vulnerablility assessments of existing and proposed networked systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cyber defense and attack methods.
- Show how ethical issues impact decision making in the cybersecurity area.
- Demonstrate techniques to design a secure network.
- Troubleshoot an information security system.
Texas wage data: workers on average earn $110,680; 10% of workers earn $67,660 or less; 10% of workers earn $165,070 or more.
Information Security Analyst; Cybersecurity Engineer; Network Security Engineer; Vulnerability Analyst/Penetration Tester; Cybersecurity Consultant; Security Architect; Security Auditor; Security Specialist; Computer Forensics Analyst; Ethical Hacker.
High School Endorsements
Business and Industry
Additional Educational Opportunities
Students may continue their education through a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science degree, in addition to various industry certifications.