Programs of Study
Degree Type: Certificate
Semester Credit Hours: 16
First Semester - 10 SCH
PSYC 1100 - Learning Framework
HITT 1305 - Medical Terminology I
MDCA 1309 - Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Assistants
HPRS 2300 - Pharmacology for Health Professions
Second Semester - 6 SCH
EMSP 1501 - Emergency Medical Technician
EMSP 1160 - Clinical - Emergency Medical Technology / Technician (EMT Paramedic)
Program Affiliation and Consumer Information
Learn more about this program and outcomes, as well as the individual accrediting body for the program by clicking here.
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
- Treat medical emergencies.
- Analyze patient data to determine patient needs or treatment goals.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Drive vehicles to transport individuals or equipment.
- Demonstrate competency and the knowledge to recognize and care for a medical emergency.
- Demonstrate competency and the knowledge to recognize and care for a trauma emergency.
- Demonstrate competency in endotracheal intubation (ET).
- Demonstrate competency of intravenous catheterization (IV).
- Demonstrate competency of medication administration.
Texas wage data: workers on average earn $35,940; 10% of workers earn $21,730 or less; 10% of workers earn $55,260 or more.
Fire Department; Private and Municipal EMS Services; Hospital Emergency Departments; Industrial Safety; and Flight Services.
High School Endorsements
Additional Educational Opportunities
Students may pursue an Associate of Applied Science.