Programs of Study
Enhanced Nurse Aide - Certificate I
Degree Type: Certificate
Semester Credit Hours: 16
First Semester - 16 SCH
HITT 1305 - Medical Terminology I
MDCA 1309 - Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Assistants
NURA 1301 - Nurse Aide for Health Care
NURA 1260 - Clinical - Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
GERS 1301 - Introduction to Gerontology
HPRS 1202 - Wellness and Health Promotion
Program Affiliation and Consumer Information
Learn more about the options available with this program by clicking here.
- Assisting and Caring for Others
- Communication techniques
- Documenting/Recording Information
- Demonstrate the competencies to successfully complete the duties and requirements of a Certified Nurse Aide.
- Demonstrate the competencies to perform the duties of a phlebotomist.
- Demonstrate the competencies to successfully perform as an Emergency Care Attendant.
- Communicate the legal requirements of managing a long-term care facility.
- Communicate appropriate medical terminology in English and Spanish.
- Texas wage data: workers on average earn $28,240; 10% of workers earn $21,600 or less; 10% of workers earn $38,920 or more.
Hospitals; Clinics; Long-term care facilities; Home health agencies.
High School Endorsements
Additional Educational Opportunities
Students may pursue a vocational nursing certificate.