Programs of Study
Degree Type: AAS
Semester Credit Hours: 60
First Semester - 15 SCH
ITNW 1325 - Fundamentals of Networking Technologies
ITSC 1305 - Introduction to PC Operating Systems
ITSC 1325 - Personal Computer Hardware
ARTS 1301 - Art Appreciation
PSYC 1300 - Learning Framework
Second Semester - 15 SCH
IMED 1316 - Web Design I
ITNW 1351 - Fundamentals of Wireless LANs
ITSC 1321 - Intermediate PC Operating Systems
COSC 1301 – Introduction to Computing
MATH 1332 - Contemporary Mathematics
Third Semester - 15 SCH
ITNW 1354 - Implementing and Supporting Servers
ITNW 2313 - Networking Hardware
ITSW 1304 - Introduction to Spreadsheets
ITSC 2339 - Personal Computer Help Desk Support
ENGL 1301 - Composition I
Fourth Semester - 15 SCH
ITSW 1307 - Introduction to Database
ITNW 2305 - Network Administration
ITSY 1342 - Information Technology Security
ITSW 2334 - Advanced Spreadsheets
POFT 1313 – Professional Workforce Preparation*
*ITSC 2386 - Internship - Computer and Information Sciences, General may be substituted with approval.
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Evaluating results to choose the best solution
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Developing computer security policies or procedures
- Recommend changes to improve computer systems
- Maintain contingency plans for disaster recovery
- Monitor the performance of computer networks
- Demonstrate techniques to design a secure network
- Ability to evaluate resources and make relevant recommendation for purchase or upgrade of a system
- Recognize the interaction of stand-alone and network devices, operating systems, and applications.
- Identify tools, diagnostic procedures and troubleshooting techniques for networks and personal computer components.
High School Endorsements
Business and Industry
Additional Educational Opportunities
Students may continue their education through a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Science degree.
Network administrator; Personal computer technician; Help desk/technical support specialist; Information security specialist; Network technician; Computer support specialist; Information technology support specialists; Network infrastructure support.
Texas wage data: workers on average earn $120,000; 10% of workers earn $68,640 or less; 10% of workers earn $170,170 or more.