Published or Revised August 14, 2023
Students: Paris Campus
Students must have a valid Paris Junior College ID card and be enrolled in order to check out materials and use the computers.
- Periodicals and reference materials can only be used in the library.
- Reserve materials have varied check-out periods for different instructors. The fine is $1 per hour for overnight items and must be returned by 8:30 a.m. the next day. One reserve item may be checked out. Most reserve items are used in-house.
- Books are checked out for 30 days with no renewal and the fine is 10 cents per day. The maximum number of books that can be checked out is 6.
- DVDs and CDs are checked out for seven days with no renewal. There is a limit of two of each type, and the fine is $1 per day.
Students: Greenville & Sulphur Springs
Students must have a valid Paris Junior College ID card and be enrolled in order to check out materials and use the computers. The policies in place for Paris campus students apply to Greenville and Sulphur Springs.
The citizens of the Paris Junior College service area who are 18 years of age with a valid photo ID and proof of current residency can obtain a library card and full access to the holdings and services of the J.H. Newton Library.
- Books are checked out for 30 days with no renewal and a maximum number of three. The fine is 10 cents per day. Periodicals and reference materials cannot be checked out.
- DVDs can be checked out for seven days with no renewal. The limit is two each. The fine is $1 per day.
- Community cards are not issued at Greenville and Sulphur Springs campuses.
Virtual Reference Desk
Library staff are available online to help you with all of your library and research questions.
Mon.-Wed.: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.