Published or Revised December 30, 2016
Paris Junior College Adult Education and Family Literacy welcomes student participation in our intensive GED (General Educational Development) or ESL (English as a Second Language) program.
GED and ESL classes are offered at no cost. However, participation and a commitment to attend each class day are essential to help students accomplish their learning goals.
You must call in advance to ensure there are seats available in the class.
- All students must complete a baseline and progress test and adhere to attendance policy rules and department requirements.
- Sixteen-year-olds must be court-ordered and submit a copy of this document the first class day.
- Seventeen-year-olds must bring a school withdrawal from the last school attended the first class day. Seventeen-year-olds may also be court-ordered.
- Parents or guardians of 16- or 17-year-old students must be present the first class day to complete release form information prior to class admittance.
Below are the locations where these classes are offered. Please remember to call and register before attending at 903-782-0467.
- English as a Second Language, Givens Elementary, 655 Martin Luther King Jr Drive, TWTh 6-9pm
- College and Career Readiness (including GED and TSI preparation), PJC Campus, Workforce Training Center Room 1109, 2400 Clarksville St., Paris, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- English as a Second Language, Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1000 Texas Street, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- College and Career Readiness (including GED and TSI preparation), CANHelp Building, 613 Gilmer Street, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- College and Career Readiness (including GED and TSI preparation), The Hub, 501 W. Broadway, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.