Programs of Study
Arts & Humanities
Degree Type: AA
Semester Credit Hours: 60
First Semester - 15 SCH
DRAM 1351 - Acting I or DRAM 1330 - Stagecraft I
EDUC 1300 - Learning Framework
SPCH 1321 - Business and Professional Communication
ENGL 1301 - Composition I
HIST 1301 - United States History I
Second Semester - 15 SCH
DRAM 1352 - Acting II or DRAM 2336 - Voice for the Actor
DRAM 1310 - Introduction to Theater
MATH 1332 - Contemporary Mathematics
HIST 1302 - United States History II
ENGL 1302 - Composition II
Third Semester - 15 SCH
DRAM 1330 - Stagecraft I or DRAM 1351 - Acting I
GOVT 2305 - Federal Government
SOCI 1301 - Introduction to Sociology
SPAN 2311 - Intermediate Spanish I
PHYS 1303 - Stars and Galaxies
Fourth Semester - 15 SCH
DRAM 1322 - Stage Movement or DRAM 1342 - Costume Technology
ENGL 2331 - World Literature
GOVT 2306 - Texas Government
SPAN 2312 - Intermediate Spanish II
PHYS 1304 - Solar System
- Basic construction techniques
- Machine and hand sewing
- Painting techniques
- Computer software skills
- Cashiering skills
- Time management
- Written and oral communication
- Relationship building
- Customer service
- Project management
- Public relations
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Reading comprehension
- Social perceptiveness
- Social media management
- Show proficiency with the basic usage of hardware and equipment associated to various technical theatre areas in a safe manner while being able to correctly identify and utilize technical theatre terminology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in character development through physical and vocal techniques and character analysis.
- Identify the major stages of development in various dramatic forms in Western and Eastern cultures.
Texas wage data: workers on average earn $15.57 per hour; 10% of workers earn $9.64 or less per hour; 10% of workers earn $25.99 or more per hour. US wage data: workers on average earn $20.43 per hour; 10% of workers earn $9.52 or less per hour; 10% of workers earn $60.41 or more per hour.
AA Minimum: Actor; Box Office Manager; Sales Representative. BA/BFA Minimum: Director; Voice-Over Actor; Production Coordinator; Events Coordinator; Scenic Charge Artist; Audio Engineer; Entertainment Agent; Stunt Choreographer; Booking Manager; Marketing Director, Market Research Assistant. MA/MFA Minimum: Secondary Education Instructor; Post-Secondary Instructor; Dramaturg; Film / Theatre Critic; Publications Editor.
High School Endorsements
Arts & Humanities
Transfer Path / Requirements
For Texas A&M Commerce
- A student completing the Paris Junior College curriculum is considered Core complete at Texas A&M Commerce.
- No more than 60-66 sch from PJC will be applied to a bachelor degree at TAMU-Commerce. Another 60 or more must be completed at TAMU-Commerce.
- For the theater major, a minimum of 30 additional SCH must be completed within the discipline of theater.
- Students who are considering teaching in high schools or middle schools must take MATH 1314 and follow guidelines set for teacher certification.