Campus Police Office
Published or Revised September 20, 2021
Welcome to Paris Junior College. We appreciate your choice of PJC as your institution of higher education. Although your primary focus will be your academic endeavors, other student-life activities will be a significant part of your total educational experience. Paris Junior College and its Campus Police Office want all these experiences to be meaningful and safe. Paris Junior College has programs that support security measures to provide a safe environment for the students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
For police, fire and ambulance emergencies, call the following numbers:
- On Campus: Extension 1399 / 9-903-782-0399 / or 9-911
- Off Campus: 911
The Campus Police Office is responsible for the police service for the college. The CPO reports to the Paris Junior College president. The officers are commissioned Texas police officers and graduates of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standard and Education training academy with full arrest power. There is an officer on duty seven days a week. All reported criminal incidents and vehicle accidents on the campus are investigated by the CPO.
The Campus Police Office has a close working relationship with the City of Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff's Department, and the Texas Department of Public Safety (State Police). The CPO conducts foot and vehicular patrol of the campus. The CPO enforces all regulations, rules and laws, both of the college and the state of Texas. Officers also assist other law enforcement agencies when requested. The CPO assists other agencies with warrants and subpoenas that are required to be served on campus.
It is essential that students assume responsibility for their own personal safety, the safety of others, and the security of personal property by taking simple, common-sense precautions. Safety is everybody's business. Students, staff and faculty are partners with the college in creating an atmosphere that is safe and encourages learning.
To that end, it is highly recommended that you download and read carefully our Crime Awareness report (PDF/72K).
Officers in the PJC Department of Public Safety include:
- Chief Shane Boatwright
- Officer Eric Gibbs
- Officer Rafael Ramirez
- Officer Billy Miller
- Officer Marcus Antwone Young
We also recommend that students, faculty and staff download and familiarize themselves with following reports. If you would like a hard copy of any of the information below, please contact Chief Shane Boatwright or call 903.782.0399.
- Emergency Response Plan
- Evacuation Plan For Students With Disabilities
- Emergency Medical Accident Report
- Hazard Communications Plan
- PJC's Racial Profiling Policy
- Building Keys Check-Out Procedures
- 2021 Clery Act Crime Statistics
- 2020 Clery Act Crime Statistics
- 2019 Clery Act Crime Statistics
- 2018 Clery Act Crime Statistics
- 2017 Clery Act Crime Statistics
- PJC Crime Statistics 2020
- PJC Crime Statistics 2019
- PJC Crime Statistics 2018
- PJC Crime Statistics 2017
- PJC Crime Statistics 2016
- City of Paris Crime Statistics 2019
- City of Paris Crime Statistics 2018
- City of Paris Crime Statistics 2017
- City of Paris Crime Statistics 2016
- City of Paris Crime Statistics 2015
- About Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Assault Procedures
- Traffic Safety Rules & Regulations
- Vehicle Operating Procedures
- Severe Weather Plan
- Texas Sex Offender Database
Other downloadable files include:
- Driver's Form (24K)