Information About Graduation
Published or Revised December 01, 2023
Note: If you see information for a previous semester, try refreshing the document in your browser.
To graduate from Paris Junior College with an Associate Degree or Certificate, students must:
- Complete and submit the Online Request for Graduation form. Log in to MyPJC and go to the student tab. Select "Reports and Forms" link on the left side, then find the link to the graduation application under "Forms." Complete the entire application and click submit.
- Meet the specific requirements for one of the degrees as described.
- Have a grade point average of "C" or 2.00 in all work completed, excluding developmental courses.
- Complete at least 15 hours, and/or 25 percent, at Paris Junior College.
- Be enrolled during the calendar and/or academic year during which the degree is to be awarded.
- Complete all financial obligations to Paris Junior College.
- Successfully complete all sections of the TSIA2 requirements, unless exempt from TSIA2.
- Substitutions need to be submitted by your academic advisor to the appropriate dean or vice president’s office.
NOTE: Academic rules and requirements are subject to change at the end of any semester and/or summer session. Individual academic divisions may prescribe additional standards of performance.
Within five years of initial enrollment a student may graduate according to the catalog requirements in effect at the time of first enrollment, or any subsequent catalog provided the requisite courses are still being offered and mandates of regulating agencies are satisfied. If a student fails within five years to complete all requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment, then the student will be required to graduate under the current catalog.
Graduating With Honors
To be considered for graduation with honors, a student must be seeking a degree and have completed at least 30 semester hours in residence at Paris Junior College. To be graduated with honors, a student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on all college work completed prior to graduation. This will be recognized by notation on the student's official permanent record.
Paris Junior College has a graduation ceremony in December and in May. Students who complete degree or certificate requirements in the previous summer semester or who anticipate completing requirements in the fall semester are encouraged to participate in the ceremony. The December ceremony is held in the Harold E. Hunt Physical Education Center on the Paris campus.
Students who anticipate completing degree or certificate requirements in the spring or summer semester are encouraged to participate in the May ceremony. Fall graduates who do not attend the December ceremony can also participate. The May ceremony is held at Noyes Stadium located on the Paris campus. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held in the Harold E. Hunt Physical Education Center.
Caps And Gowns
Graduation caps and gowns are issued to students the week before the ceremony. Students may pick up their regalia at the Paris campus, the Greenville campus or the Sulphur Springs campus. Detailed information about times and dates will be sent to graduating students in April of each year.
The keepsake caps and gowns do not need to be returned after the ceremony.
No Graduation Fees
All graduating students receive an official diploma at no additional cost. Students participating in the graduation ceremony also receive a keepsake cap and gown and a padded diploma cover.
There is a $10 replacement fee for students who require a replacement copy of their diploma or certificate.