PJC Vision, Mission, Purpose
Published or Revised June 22, 2021
To be the educational provider of choice for the region.
Paris Junior College is a comprehensive community college serving the region’s educational and training needs while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of our diverse community.
Texas Education Code 130.003
The purpose of each public community college shall be to provide:
1. Technical programs up to two years in length leading to associate degrees or certificates;
2. Vocational programs leading directly to employment in semi-skilled and skilled occupations;
3. Freshman and sophomore courses in arts and sciences; 4. Continuing adult education programs for occupational or cultural upgrading;
5. Compensatory education programs designed to fulfill the commitment of an admissions policy allowing the enrollment of disadvantaged students;
6. A continuing program of counseling and guidance designed to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals;
7. Work force development programs designed to meet local and statewide needs;
8. Adult literacy and other basic skills programs for adults;
9. Such other purposes as may be prescribed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board or local governing boards in the best interest of post-secondary education in Texas.