Published or Revised June 09, 2022
Paris Junior College Adult Education and Family Literacy welcomes student participation in our intensive 8-week Workforce Development IET (Integrated Education and Training) program, HSE (High School Equivalency) prep program, literacy, ESL (English as a Second Language) program, or Distance Learning. Face-to-face and virtual (work from home) classes are available.
All adult education classes are offered at no cost. However, participation and a commitment to attend each class day are essential to help students accomplish their educational and career goals.
Please call in advance to ensure there are seats available in the class - 903.782.0467.
- All students must complete a baseline and progress test and adhere to attendance policy rules and department requirements.
- Sixteen-year-olds must be court-ordered and submit a copy of this document at registration.
- Parents or guardians of 17/18-year-old students must be present for signatures at registration to complete release form information prior to class admittance.
In addition, adult education classes are now available online through distance learning instruction. Students who have access to a high-speed Internet connection and have at least three hours a week to work on lessons can prepare for the Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency (GED) or improve their English online and accelerate their classroom learning. For more information on the distance learning opportunity, e-mail email@example.com.
Below are the locations where these classes are offered. Please remember to call and register before attending at 903.782.0467. For classes in Hunt County, please call 903.457.8703.
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation Program (GED, TSIA2 preparation, Employability), The Hub, 501 W. Broadway, Tuesday - Thursday, 4:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Registration, orientation, and assessment, PJC - Greenville Center, 6500 Monty Stratton Parkway, Room 205, various times Monday - Thursday. Call 903.457.8703 for more information.
- English as a Second Language (ESL), Hope Center of Greenville, 2615 Crockett Street, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- English as a Second Language, PJC Campus, Workforce Training Center Room 1104, 2400 Clarksville St., Paris, Monday - Thursday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- HSE Preparation Program (GED, TSIA2 preparation, Employability), PJC Campus, Workforce Training Center Room 1109, 2400 Clarksville St., Paris, Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. or 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- ESL, CANHelp Building, 613 Gilmer Street, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- HSE Preparation Program (GED, TSIA2 preparation, Employability), PJC - Sulphur Springs Center, 1137 Loop 301 East, Tuesday, Thursday, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.; Registration Wednesday, 2:00 p.m.
- English as a Second Language, Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more registration information.
- HSE Preparation Program (GED, TSIA2 preparation, Employability), Tuesday - Thursday, 8:30 -11:30 a.m. and Tuesday and Thursday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Email email@example.com for more registration information.