Programs of Study
Degree Type: AAS
Semester Credit Hours: 60
First Semester - 14 SCH (Spring)
BIOL 2401 - Anatomy & Physiology I
RADR 1201 - Introduction to Radiography
RADR 1266 - Practicum - Radiologic Technology / Science - Radiographer
RADR 1303 - Patient Care
RADR 1311 - Basic Radiographic Procedures
Second Semester - 11 SCH (Summer)
BIOL 2402 - Anatomy & Physiology II
RADR 1213 - Principles of Radiographic Imaging I
RADR 1267 - Practicum - Radiologic Technology / Science - Radiographer
RADR 2301 - Intermediate Radiographic Procedures
Third Semester - 13 SCH
MUSI 1306 - Music Appreciation
PSYC 2314 - Lifespan Growth and Development
RADR 2209 - Radiographic Imaging Equipment
RADR 2266 - Practicum - Radiologic Technology / Science - Radiographer
RADR 2331 - Advanced Radiographic Procedures
Fourth Semester - 13 SCH
ENGL 1301 - Composition I
MATH 1314 - College Algebra
RADR 2233 - Advanced Medical Imaging
RADR 2213 - Radiation Biology and Protection
RADR 2366 - Practicum - Radiologic Technology / Science - Radiographer
Fifth Semester - 4 SCH
RADR 2205 - Principles of Radiographic Imaging II
RADR 2267 - Practicum
Sixth Semester - 5 SCH
RADR 2235 - Radiologic Technology Seminar
RADR 2367 - Practicum
Program Affiliation and Consumer Information
Learn more about this program and outcomes, as well as the individual accrediting body for the program by clicking here.
- Critical Thinking
- Professionalism/Personal Qualities
- Foundation in math and science
- Lifelong learner
- Safety – radiation protection
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical Stamina
- Demonstrate proper patient positioning and technical factors required for digital imaging.
- Demonstrate radiation protection.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with patients and members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate professionalism in clinical situations.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in trauma situations.
Texas wage data: workers on average earn $59,860; 10% of workers earn $40,530 or less; 10% of workers earn $81,470 or more.
Hospitals; Home Health; Clinics; Mobile radiology; Physician offices.
High School Endorsements
Additional Education Opportunities
Students may pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in Radiology.