Skip to main content

Financial Aid: Additional Information

Published or Revised August 04, 2010

Attempted Hours

If students have ATTEMPTED less than 90 semester hours of college credit course work at the beginning of a given semester/term, they may receive an award for that semester/term. Students who have ATTEMPTED more than 90 semester hours of college credit course work and who enroll at the college may not be eligible to receive federal or state financial aid funds.


Financial aid will not be available to pay for any mini-terms in advance. Therefore, students should be prepared to pay for any mini-term classes with their own money. The hours earned during a mini-term can be calculated in with the next semester for enrollment status purposes. Example: A student could take 3 hours during the spring mini-term (December/January), enroll in 9 hours during the regular spring semester and be considered full-time, and receive full-time money for the spring semester.


Withdrawing or dropping courses during the school year may result in the student being requested to repay his or her financial aid. Withdrawal during the fall semester will result in the cancellation of financial aid designated for the spring semester. All students receiving financial aid or veterans' benefits must report to the Financial Aid Office before submitting their drop slips to the Records Office and Business Office.

Refund Policy

When students withdraw from the college or drop a portion of their semester hour enrollment, a refund of tuition and fees will be made according to the refund schedule printed in the current semester schedule. Policy for Refund of Title IV Programs: Title IV programs are funded by the U.S. Department of Education. All refunds due to the Title IV programs will be refunded to the program charged in the following order: SEOG, and Pell Grant. No refund to a Title IV program will exceed the award from that program. The Financial Aid Office will calculate a prorated refund and establish the amount of aid that must be repaid and returned to the Title IV Programs for students that completely withdraw from all classes.

Changing Schools

Financial aid does not automatically transfer with students when changing schools. Students planning to change schools should contact the Financial Aid Office at the new school for applications and information.

Status Change and Financial Aid

During any semester or summer term, a student's financial aid status can change. Therefore, information such as address change, course load change and financial gains or losses must be reported immediately to the Financial Aid Office.

Defaulted Loans/Grant Repayments

Students that are currently in default or owe a grant overpayment from any previous school will not be eligible for any type of financial aid. To re-establish eligibility, students must provide written proof of eligibility from a lender or the organization currently holding the loan.

Discrimination Prohibited

No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under, any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance, or be so treated on the basis of sex under most education programs or activities receiving Federal assistance.

Information and Assistance

Contact the Financial Aid Office for applications, financial aid publications and detailed information about financial aid programs, federal regulations and institutional policies and procedures. Financial aid policies and procedures are subject to change without notice in order to comply with federal regulations or institutional policies and procedures. Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Mailing Address: Financial Aid Office, Paris Junior College, 2400 Clarksville St., Paris, TX 75460.