PJC Information Technology Division and Computer Center
Published or Revised February 02, 2021
The staff of the Paris Junior College Office of Information Technology is responsible for supporting the hundreds of computers on PJC's three campuses, as well as the college's complex networking systems and Computer Center.
The IT office also supports the technology used in the college's ITV (interactive television), distance learning and Virtual College of Texas (VCT) programs.
There are Internet-connected computers in the Mike Rheudasil Learning Center for use by both students and the public. The PJC - Greenville Center and PJC - Sulphur Springs Center offer more computers for use by students. Dozens of computers in campus labs are available for student use when not being used for classroom purposes.
IT also maintains wireless network connections in the Rheudasil Learning Center, the administration building, and residence halls on the Paris campus. MyPJC, the system used by students to register, pay tuition, check grades and obtain transcripts, is also maintained by ITV, as well as the Blackboard system used for online instruction, and the video and networking technologies used for ITV and VCT courses. PJC's Internet provider is NETnet, the Northeast Texas Consortium of 15 East Texas higher education institutions. Member institutions include:
- Kilgore College (Kilgore)
- Northeast Texas Community College (Mount Pleasant)
- Panola College: Carthage, Marshall, Center (Carthage)
- Paris Junior College (Paris)
- Stephen F. Austin State University (Nacogdoches)
- Texarkana College (Texarkana)
- Texas A&M University — Commerce (Commerce)
- Texas A&M University — Texarkana (Texarkana)
- Texas State Technical College (Marshall)
- Trinity Valley Community College (Athens)
- Tyler Junior College (Tyler)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler)
- The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler (Tyler)
NETNET also serves dozens of Texas public school districts, as well as many of the area's health care centers. While Paris Junior College's website (www.parisjc.edu) is maintained by the PJC Office of Marketing & Public Relations, all networks are under the Office of Information Technology.
Information Technology personnel include:
Eddie Mahar, Director of Information Technology
Mary Holbrook Mims, ERP/IT Administrator
Keith Coco, Computer & Network Coordinator
Christopher Akins, Systems and Database Administrator
Vacant, Media Technician
Joshua Nieto, Systems Analyst
Help Desk, Help Desk Specialist