The Mike Rheudasil Learning Center (library)
Published or Revised August 19, 2022
The Mike Rheudasil Learning Center is a multi-purpose facility that houses the J.H. Newton Library, the A.M. and Welma Aikin Regional Archives, media services, the Learning Skills program, a classroom for interactive distance learning, a computer lab, and facilities for the GED program and adult education.
The learning center concept at Paris Junior College recognizes that higher education has the responsibility to provide an education for each while offering an educational opportunity to all. This was the concept behind the building of this facility that houses a centralized staff of learning and instructional support specialists serving both students and faculty.
Access Databases & eBooks On Your Mobile Device
Students can access Ebsco databases and eBooks via their iOS or Android devices.
To download and activate the appropriate database application, follow these directions:
- Select the appropriate link below to download the application.
- After downloading the app, return to this web page and click here.
- Scroll to the bottom of the resulting Ebsco page and select "EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications."
- Enter your email address in the popup window. This must be an email address that is checked on the phone on which you wish to use EBSCO databases.
- Open your email application on your phone and follow the final instructions contained in the email you receive from Ebsco.
Learning Center Hours
Fall 2022 Semester Hours
(August 29 - December 16)
- Sunday: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Monday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
Dates Library will be Closed
Labor Day: September 4-5
Thanksgiving: November 23-27
Winter Break: December 17, 2022 - January 3, 2023
Virtual Reference Desk
Library staff are available online to help you with all of your library and research questions.
Mon.-Wed.: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.