The Mike Rheudasil Learning Center (library)
Published or Revised August 23, 2021
The Mike Rheudasil Learning Center is a multi-purpose facility that houses the J.H. Newton Library, the A.M. and Welma Aikin Regional Archives, media services, the Learning Skills program, a classroom for interactive distance learning, a computer lab, and facilities for the GED program and adult education.
The learning center concept at Paris Junior College recognizes that higher education has the responsibility to provide an education for each while offering an educational opportunity to all. This was the concept behind the building of this facility that houses a centralized staff of learning and instructional support specialists serving both students and faculty.
Access Databases & eBooks On Your Mobile Device
Students can access Ebsco databases and eBooks via their iOS or Android devices.
To download and activate the appropriate database application, follow these directions:
- Select the appropriate link below to download the application.
- After downloading the app, return to this web page and click here.
- Scroll to the bottom of the resulting Ebsco page and select "EBSCOhost iPhone and Android Applications."
- Enter your email address in the popup window. This must be an email address that is checked on the phone on which you wish to use EBSCO databases.
- Open your email application on your phone and follow the final instructions contained in the email you receive from Ebsco.
Learning Center Hours
Fall 2021 Semester Hours
(August 30 - December 17)
- Sunday: 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Monday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday: Closed
Fall Dates Library Closed
Labor Day, Sept. 5-6
Thanksgiving Holiday, November 24-28
Winter Break, Dec. 18, 2021-Jan. 2, 2021, Reopen Jan. 3, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
The Virtual Reference Desk
Get your answers after the library closes through Live Reference Desk from the access point on the right side of each library page. Library staff are available online to help you with your library and research questions.
Virtual Reference Desk
Library staff are available online to help you with all of your library and research questions.
Mon.-Wed.: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.