The GED Test
Published or Revised August 02, 2022
The GED® Test on Computer
Paris Junior College offers the GED® test on computer and allows you to register from any computer to take the test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer features:
- Timely Score Reporting – GED® scores will be available within 24 hours, but often are available in 2-4 hours after you test.
- Easier User Experience – The 24/7 online registration and scheduling makes scheduling your test a breeze.
- Your Test, Your Time – Each test-taker gets to test at his/her own pace. If a test-taker finishes before the allotted time has expired, there’s no more waiting for the entire room to finish.
Register today at the GED website. Remember, the GED® test must be taken in person at an official GED® testing center, such as PJC's Testing Center. PLEASE NOTE: the GED test is only given on the Paris campus in the Alford Center.
Registering for the GED Test on Computer
Step 1: Create Your Account
- Start by visiting www.GED.com and click on the blue "Sign Up" button.
- Remember that an email address will be required for this step. If you do not have one, you can create one on the GED website.
- Enter your legal name as it appears on your primary identification and complete the other requested information.
- Once your account is created, you can use the study tools and videos provided to prepare for the test, sign up to take the Official Practice Test, or go ahead and schedule your GED test.
Step 2: Complete Registration Questions
Step 3: Provide Additional Documentation (if necessary)
- Some test-takers may be required to supply supporting documentation in order to test.
- If your status on the home page indicates that you will need additional documentation, you will receive an email with your next steps.
Step 4: Schedule Your Test
- After completing the registration questions, you can go ahead and schedule your test.
- In certain cases you may be asked to supply additional information before you can schedule your test.
Scheduling the GED Test
Step 1: Select Your Test
- Start by visiting www.GED.com and click the "Schedule Test" tab.
- Answer the registration questions.
- All four content areas (which are called modules) will be displayed with the length and price of each. In Texas, the cost is $145 for all four content areas, or $36.25 per area.
- You can select as many content areas as you wish.
- There will be a 10-minute break between each content area.
- If you schedule all four content areas in one session you will not receive a lunch break.
- To schedule a lunch break, create separate sessions within the same day. For example, schedule one or two test(s) in the morning and pay for them. Then schedule the other one or two test(s) in the afternoon, and pay for those.
Step 2: Select Your Location, Date, and Time
- You will see test centers located closest to the address you provided during registration.
- You can select up to three test centers to compare availability for the content areas you have selected.
- Once the location, date, and time are selected, an appointment confirmation screen will appear.
Step 3: Pay for the Test
- Enter your credit card or debit card information for payment. GED candidates who do not have a credit or debit card can pay cash for the test at the PJC Business Office and receive a voucher number by the Testing Center to use when scheduling. Call 903-782-0446 if you have payment questions.
- Review the testing policies and submit your order for processing.
Step 4: Review Your Receipt
- You will receive an email with appointment details that include the test time, test center address, identification required, the cancellation and reschedule policy, and any additional items that you will need to bring to the test center.
The online 2014 GED test is also available in Spanish.
If you don’t pass all the sections the first time, you may re-test two time per content area within the next 12 months for $16.25 per section. After the third attempt within a year of the initial attempt, a candidate must wait 60 days to test again for the full price of $36.25.