Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2)
Published or Revised February 28, 2022
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2) is the state-mandated placement test that Texas public institutions must use to determine a student’s readiness for college-level courses. The results of this assessment will assist advisors in scheduling students in the courses they will be most successful. Students who meet the minimum passing standards for TSIA2 in both subject areas are deemed to have met the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative.
Do I need to take the TSIA2?
You may be exempt or waived if you:
- Have met the minimum college readiness standard on SAT®, ACT, or a statewide Texas high school test;
- Have successfully completed certain college-level English, reading and math courses;
- Enrolling in a Level-One certificate program (42 or fewer semester credit hours);
- Are not seeking a degree; or
- Have been, or currently are, in the military.
Contact an advisor at PJC to find out for sure. Most students will need to take the TSIA2 Test before being allowed to sign up for classes.
Before taking the TSIA2, I need to...
Before taking the TSIA2 for the first time, students are required to complete a Pre-Assessment Activity. The Pre-Assessment Activity (link below) will discuss the content and importance of the TSIA2. It will include some sample questions for the Math and ELAR (English Language Arts & Reading) sections. The PAA will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Once you complete the PAA, it will email you a completion certificate. You will need to bring a copy of this certificate with you to the Testing Center or be able to show us the certificate email on your phone before being allowed to test. You only need to complete the PAA the first time you take the TSIA2, so, if you are retesting on a section of the test, you do not need to show us a completion certificate.
Click here to make online payment for the TSIA2.
Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) Site
Complete this activity before taking the TSIA2 for the first time (create an account and choose the Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity - TSIA2-PA - to get started).
TSIA2 Practice Sites
- Practice Test Site (Click on Texas Success Initiative 2.0 to access practice tests.)
- TSIA2 Learning Resources for studying by individual topics (Click on the blue "Enter Student Site" button to get started.)