Information About Transferring
Published or Revised February 15, 2022
Transferring to a four-year institution is a goal of many PJC students. The Advising/Counseling Center offers services and information for students planning to transfer. Successful transfer requires careful planning that should begin as soon as possible in your college experience. Studies show students who complete an Associate Degree prior to transferring are more successful. PJC has articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities to provide smoother transfer for students. Click here to see the list.
Resources for Transfer Students
The following links provide information on financial aid resources, college pricing and price comparisons to other universities, the transcript request process, and identifying what courses will transfer to other Texas universities.
College for all Texans
Net Price Calculator
Request Your Transcript
Texas Common Course Numbering System
Tips for Transfer Students
Transfer Student Checklist
- Compare all universities you are interested in. Explore each university website. Review all deadlines & calendar of events.
- Research any grade requirements for your degree program.
- Contact the school you are interested in to inquire about any transfer agreement the university has with PJC.
- Apply for admissions online through ApplyTexas.
- Apply for the program you are interested in attending at the university.
- Fill out FAFSA & add all universities you are interested in.
- Apply for scholarships at the university & loans as needed. Scholarship websites: www.fastweb.com, www.collegefactual.com, www.ptk.org/scholarships, www.hsf.net
- Schedule & meet with an advisor at the University of Transfer.
- Tour the campus. Inquire & attend new transfer orientation.
- Bring proof of your up-to-date MMR immunization.
- Submit your official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended and other required documents.
- Apply for housing on campus or near campus if needed.
- Submit any required deposits.
- Purchase your parking permit and obtain your student identification card.
- Register for your classes and order your textbooks.
- Get Involved! Learn about student clubs and organizations at your new campus.
- Helpful website: collegescorecard.ed.gov