Published or Revised February 15, 2023
Below is an alphabetical list of databases available through the Paris Junior College library. These databases may only be accessed from within the PJC computer network. Broken or dead link? Click here to report it by e-mail.
- Academic Search Complete: from Ebsco which is a Multi-disciplinary database (legal, Psychology, nursing, medical, history, computer science, education, literature, religion, philosophy, science, technology and vocational and career) database containing articles.
- Bloom's Literary Reference Online
- CINAHL Plus with full text: The world’s most comprehensive source of full text for nursing and allied health journals.
- Directory of Open Access Journals: Provides indexing, abstracting and free full text access for selected international scholarly journals in many subject areas.
- GaleGroup Databases (All)
- Handbook of Texas
- HeritageQuest Online: Research materials to trace family lineage and American culture. Includes the federal census from 1790-1930.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- LearningExpress Library
- NetLibrary: More than 27,000 e-books are available for browsing, searching and virtual check-out.
- ProQuest: Provides access to dissertations, theses, ebooks, newspapers, periodicals, historical collections, governmental archives, cultural archives, and other aggregated databases.
- Salem Press: Literature, Social Sciences, Primary Sources, History, Careers, Business, Sciences, Principles, and Health.
- Small Business Reference Center
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
- Texas Digital Sanborn Maps (1867-1970): provide digital access to more than 660,000 large-scale maps of over 12,000 American towns and cities. Scanned from the microfilm in the Library of Congress Sanborn collection.
- Texas Register: A weekly publication serving as the journal of state agency rule making for Texas. Information includes proposed, adopted, withdrawn and emergency rule actions, notices of state agency review of agency rules, governor's appointments, attorney general opinions and miscellaneous documents such as requests for proposals. After adoption, these actions are codified into the [i]Texas Administrative Code[/i].
- 20th Century Poetry (American and English): The poetry of over 1000 U.S. and English poets.
- World Cat OCLC: World’s most comprehensive bibliography, with more than 58 million bibliographic records representing over 400 languages and all types of materials ranging from stone tablets to electronic books.
Broken or dead link? Click here to report it by email.
Virtual Reference Desk
Library staff are available online to help you with all of your library and research questions.
Mon.-Wed.: 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.